13 Tough Questions to Ask Before You Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer
Choosing the right attorney to represent you is a very important decision.
Here is a list of questions that a client should ask an attorney before they hire him/her.
- How long have you been practicing in the specific field of accident and injury law?
- What percentage of your practice is devoted to accident and injury law?
- Have you previously represented people with injuries similar to mine?
- Do you have investigators and expert witnesses who will help in cases with my type of injury?
- Can you help me with my property damage claim and get a rental car for me?
- Will you handle my case on a percentage fee basis?
- If I can’t come to your office, will you come to my home or office?
- Will you discuss my case with me over the telephone?
- Are you a member of the Alabama Trial Lawyers Association?
- Are you a member of the American Association for Justice.?
- Have you ever defended insurance companies against injury claims?
- Will you evaluate my case for me without cost or obligations?
- If the insurance company doesn’t offer a fair settlement, are you willing to take my case to trial?
- Have you won any trials?
- Do you have any references?
- Are you licensed in any other states?
- Have you given any seminars or taught any CLE courses?
- What is your participation in the organizations you belong to?